ASPIRE (After School Program- Inclusive, Recreational, and Educational)
ASPIRE is a one-day per week after-school program offered in collaboration with the Fayette County School System’s Department of Education. Weekly sessions are held on Wednesdays at The Joseph Sams School.
- Children must be enrolled in The Joseph Sams School (JSS), The Fayette County School System’s Exceptional Children’s Services (ECS), or a resident of Fayette County;
- The Program is for students 8 through 21 years of age;
- Student must be able to participate effectively in a ratio of 1 adult to 4 students;
- Student does not exhibit behaviors that will interfere with his/her own benefit or that of another student in the program;
- Day agency providing services must recommend the student for participation in the program;
- Admission criteria will not discriminate against children based on sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or handicapping condition.
- If admitted, every student will be given a 3 week trial period to determine if admission is appropriate and if the child is benefiting from the program.
The cost is $25.00 weekly for the one-day-a-week program. You must pay monthly. No partial month’s tuition will be accepted because staff will be employed based on total student enrollment.
Students approved to participate in ASPIRE must be transported by a parent/guardian or parent designee to The Joseph Sams School. Students enrolled at The Joseph Sams School may remain at school until ASPIRE begins.
Staffing includes one lead and one assistant staff member per group. Volunteers are utilized as recommended by one of the ASPIRE participating groups.
Application and Information:
Mary Giusti with The Fayette County School System’s Department of Exceptional Children’s Services is Director of the ASPIRE Program (email@example.com). For additional information or for an application, please contact Mary Giusti.