The Primary Program offers full-day special education classes for children from 5-7 years of age with an emphasis on academics, functional academics, and life skills training.
- Children attend class 5 days per week for 10-months from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Children have Individual Educational Programs (IEP).
- Children are provided the opportunity to develop and refine skills in the following areas: reading, language arts, math, communication, science, social studies, gross and fine motor, as well social/self-help skills.
- The Unique Learning Curriculum is utilized in all classes. (www.unique.news2y.com)
- Music and art therapies are incorporated in the Primary Program. Group music therapy is offered daily and art therapy is provided weekly. Students enjoy and benefit from music classes as well as explore the world of art through therapeutic art sessions.
- Children receive weekly individual speech and language therapy sessions.
- Speech/language/communication instruction is embedded into each child’s activities throughout the day giving children the opportunity to utilize their communication skills within the natural classroom setting.
- If appropriate, children are included in the MOVE (Mobility Opportunity via Education) Program which teaches functional mobility skills. (www.move-international.org)